Sunday, September 06, 2009

Happy 3 day weekend

I am offline this fine fine.. whatever holiday this is. mem-bor day...
I will be online again... I dunno. When I get a chance. Leave me notecards and I will get back to you.

You know what would be awesome? If SL let you set up an answering machine or status where you could put this shit, so all the nooblets could see it. But that's too much like something we could use, so instead, they'll roll out with something like a page in our profiles that lists all of our friends and our current location and what we are wearing or maybe a second set of thumbs added to the avatar mesh! \o/ oooh joy!

6 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger nimil said...

get greenlife emerald viewer
log in somewhere and park yourself
go to preferences and turn on the automatic response to anyone option.
enter response as needed

leave self logged in and go wander off for an extended period of time :3

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Shattered said...

1. You don't need Emerald to do that, if I'm understanding correctly - you can do the same thing with the "Busy" message and turning off the "away when inactive" option in the regular viewer.

2. With the instability of the grid, this isn't something to be relied on. At all. Last time I tried it (sometime last month), I got logged off after a few hours because the sim got restarted or crashed or something.

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger nimil said...

yes but the emerald client lets you add an attachment (like a notecard) to send to the person. but yeah.. he'd probably end up getting logged off :/

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Noam said...

Sorry to break up the discussion but I mean an answering system for when you're offline. Which I am. Even if I wasn't totally offline this weekend, SL uses too much system resources for me to leave it on all the time.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger nimil said...

i guess that's why some stores hire people to answer questions and stuff.. they are like human answering machines.

your idea is good of course, which is why LL would never make it.

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger Gattz Gilman said...

Gmail has a vacation message. So when offline IMs are sent to your email, it can auto-respond with your message

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home