Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PRIDE TAKEN DOWN.

Hey Builders,
Remember when you updated the client and then went on your marry building way this weekend to discover 3 completely awesome new attributes you can now easily attach to your sculpts? You can now change the stitching type ON THE BUILD WINDOW (not through annoying hack scripts) and now you can mirror and reverse your maps! OH JOY!!

But, did you ever take in account the fact that people sometimes don't download the manditory viewers (hell, maybe LL fucked up and didn't make this manditory) and so if you use any of these building functions, they won't show up for people who don't follow the upgrade rules?

Seriously, take a second to think about all your friends who look like shit in your viewer due to their facelights, which they wear because they won't update their viewer because they think windlight is bad. I can name 2 people off the top of my head. Both have hideous avatars on my side of the viewing experience, because my windlight settings are made for everyone to look awesome unless you have a facelight on and then you look like you are telling ghost stories.

Anyway, they don't get to see any of the new sculpt functions when you use them. So the question of the day is:
WHY EVEN BOTHER?

I have to log on tonight and rebuild Pride because people don't update their viewers. That sucks.

DON'T USE THE NEW SCULPT FUNCTIONS.

16 Comments:

At 7:43 AM , Blogger Hatshepsut Saeed said...

Awww...I'd like to use the new viewer (I hear its teh awesome sauce) except my comp can't handle it and my wallet can't handle a new comp purchase. Keep using the new building tools, one day I'll catch up.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

In the new viewer, when I zoom my avie, all the prim/sculpties disappear... :(

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Noam said...

Probably because you have a nvidia 8000 series graphics card which Linden Labs say they support, but don't actually support.


Still, if you don't update then you won't get to see new functions for sculpts.

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Joel Ra said...

I, like a few friends of mine,
were using the new viewer, but we have all gone back to the previous
one now as we were having all sorts
of issues =(
I bought the Pride hair this morning
but haven't even had a chance to
mod it yet lol

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger [Rouge Darcy ] said...

Oh damn, I used the mirror map function already without even thinking about all this... now I'm not that happy anymore about those functions :(

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger nimil said...

i had the same problem.. it really sucks that they would add such a great feature and then make it so people can't use it :(

 
At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've not even had a chance to do much of anything in the new viewer. My client freezes up like every minute... and by every minute i mean.. EVERY friggin minute. seriously... literally... every minute. HATE the new update. Did i mention i freeze up every minute? No? EVERY MINUTE! *runs off screaming*

 
At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I downloaded the new client and had to downgrade because of the disappearing hair thing. I have an nVidia card, but it's a 7600, not 8000 series :/.

I downgraded to the last client and it's freezing up like crazy on me, building is nearly impossible. *shakes fist at LL*

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Naredia said...

I figured that out when that funcion was still in RC. I had to use RC for something buggy I needed to work around, and what joy it was to find the flip and inside-out funcions when I was building boots...

Then I went back to main viewer. Oh the horror, it didn't manage to show it at all. Meh. I guess we're stuck not being able to use it for a while.

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger Shattered said...

I went to 20.17 when I got forced off of 19.0.5 (yes, I was using a viewer THAT old, because 19.1.4 completely screwed rendering up and turned avs into 8-bit with no AOs). I have to run it pretty much on min graphic settings, anyhow.

I'm refusing to upgrade to the newest one because I'm hearing nothing but complaints on it, and I work/live/play in an RPG/combat sim.

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

I have the new viewer and an Nvidia 8600 or something... and I see disappearing prims on OTHER people but not me... O.o

 
At 6:31 AM , Blogger Crystyle Bukowski said...

I just like looking like I'm telling ghost stories!

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger LJ said...

AArrrrghhh! That's too fuckin baaad! I made a set of hacked sculpties more than one year ago. But guess what? I've started to sell my shit just recently, and obviuolsy enough I've been using the stitching type option. Pain and sorrow all over us :(

Anyhow, the latest viewer works fine on my 8800GS.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Noam said...

Everyone hacks stitching type. If you do it with a hack instead of the build client you're fine.

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger LJ said...

No, I'm not. That's what I meant.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

*slaps forehaed*
I, finally, understood the feature you were posting about, Noam.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home