Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I pick up a fossil and say FOSSIL and if they still don't get it, I throw it right above their heads."*



I'm not going to get political or at least agenda political. I think I've only done that a couple times on here but mostly it's to STRESS that people should vote and pay attention to primaries. Primaries over, I frankly am not wicked excited about the candidates. It's probably not possible for there to be a candidate who would embody all that I'd like in a president because in general, having worked on one of the primary candidate's campaign for most of last year up until super tuesday, everything is so strategic that shit is just not that real.

In terms of the whole "flip-flopping" people make accusations about during campaigns, I heard my friend Phil once say (I think it was about republicans) that people don't care if you changed your mind as long as what you think now is what they want. When I first heard that I thought it was kinda shitty, but probably true. Now I'm watching all the debates and speeches and shit cause Bill is really into politics and I honestly couldn't care since my candidate** dropped out and DIDN'T get VP, but since I'm the only one actually registered to vote in my house (jesus I need to take the remote control away from him) my stance on shit lately is "I don't care what you thought last month, just tell me you want what I want now." Because it's so much worse to vote for someone who just fucking hates you or what you believe in. I'd so rather hear a half assed lie that panders to me.

Anyway.. after all that blah blah blah, onto the video:

I just got linked to this video of Matt Damon talking about McCain and Palin. I never liked his movies but I want to see them all now just because he said the following about Sarah Palin, (assuming McCain dies in office)
"I really need to know if she thinks dinosaurs were here 4thousand years ago. That's important, I want to know that. I really do, because she's going to have the nuclear codes."

So yeah.
I'm going to vote for Obama because Palin scares the shit out of me. I think that's a good enough reason to vote. That and half a day off from work. WOOOT WOOT!

Uh, sorry to any readers out there who don't believe in dinosaurs.

*from Lewis Black's standup.

** My candidate is only my candidate because his campaign hired my company to work at his HQ the whole time he was running for president and after being there for so long I got very attached. X3 But honestly if I wasn't into most of his politics I did think he would have rocked in terms of the economy and fucking douchey McGonnadieinoffice, didn't fucking chose him.

3 Comments:

At 8:27 PM , Blogger Joel Ra said...

The possibility of going from
a cowboy to a hockey mum is
scary to me, and im a Brit lol
Ive never liked Matt damon,
but at least he has the balls
to say all this.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Noam said...

The media likes to focus on the fact she's pretty and likes guns.

Seriously.

>.<

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Joel Ra said...

Oh dear lord, she's not a
member of the NRA is she?
Pity the NRA don't champion
other parts of the bill of
rights !!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home