Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm not dead!

I didn't cry at all either! I'm kinda of a pussy and thought I would, as I often cry when I am scared, too happy, really angry, and sometimes when sad.

I got up at 5am, I got here at 6am. I didn't have my watch so time disappears after I get out of the day surgery waiting room. They made me take all my clothes off, and then I got scolded for not taking my underpants off... but "all" to me sounded like "everything but your underpants." The nurse was like "how can we take your gallbladder out if you have underpants on!" and I was like "My gallbladder is no wear near my underpants! I am fully aware of where my gallbladder is"

Not a convincing argument, so it all went from "I feel kinda vulnerable right now" to "I'm nekkid in a backless dress."

Then they wheeled me into the OR, and I saw a ceiling and then I woke up under another ceiling, except this time in pain. That was it, I don't remember shit. People say you don't dream when put to sleep, but I distinctly remember something about John Stamos. What that something was, I dunno.

When I first opened my eyes they were talking to me, which kinda sounded like Peanuts adults, "waah waaah wahh waaah surgery over waaaah" but I also heard the words "There was a triangle on the colon" and I have no idea if it was about me or the people in the beds near mine. I googled triangle and colon and nothing really came up so I figure if I have some triangle colon disease someone would have told me by now.

Then they gave me lots of pain killers and I apparently rambled on about cars and how much I love my car.

I got my clothes back and B took me home, where he rambled on and on about things as he does when he's nervous. He really didn't like this last month with me being sick and he's been insanely awesome with taking care of me. I think he was talking about George Takai being a dirty old gay man, but I dunno. I'd interject with things like "I love grahm crackers." and he'd be like "you're on a lot of drugs aren't you champ?"

Went to sleep and my cat was like MOW MOW MOW in my face the whole time. 5 hours later it's now and I sent B to the grocery store to get me some grahm crackers.

So concludes the gallbladder surgery adventure. So begins the assload of percocet adventure.


^Fed's narcotics hud.

5 Comments:

At 5:10 PM , Blogger Alyx Sands said...

They sent you home already? Cool! There's nothing worse than hospital food, or so I've been told.

I'm so glad it all went well! *hugs*

 
At 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear it went well! <3 how long are you off work to recover?

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Noam said...

rest of this week. All vacation time. >.<

I don't feel terrible, I did when I got home for the first few hours, but my pain killers make me crazy dizzy and the incision around my belly button hurts like a mofo.
I walk around hunched over.

I'm happy to be home instead of stressed out over that silly project.

 
At 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo to having to use vacation time. :( *shakes fist at your company*

You should probably ask your Dr to prescribe something else, if you're getting dizzy. You should be fun/happy/drunkness instead of dizzy illness. :(

Did you end up getting off the project? I'm asking you stuff like I know you, sorry! :/

/stalkering

 
At 2:50 AM , Blogger Archan Allen said...

Really happy to hear all went well! And surprised they let you come back home so fast ^^ I hope the best for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home