Monday, October 15, 2007

Sweet Zombie Jesus

I saw the preview for I am Legend a few months ago and I was like O_O I wanna see this. In a wooooooo this kinda reminds me of the Twilight Zone and will be mysterious and interesting and different.

Newp. Just saw a flickr set for the I am Legend Sim and it's a zombie movie. A very resident evil looking zombie movie with zombie dogs.

I love zombie movies, but I dunno about Will Smith zombie movies. I can see it now, witty little lines to say after chopping someone's head off, but not delivered hokey enough for it to be really funny. Putting on a pair of raybans and saying "Hey zombie, I make this look good" or after a zombie snarls in his face and he somehow shoots his head off, he'll make a face and declare "someone needs some scope!"

This brings up a very important something I can write about to kill the last 15 minutes while I'm at work. The age old question of "If your loved one was bitten by a zombie, would you kill him/her?"

We have 5 people on location from my company here to debate this. Kim insists that she would not kill her BF and would lock him in a closet until a cure was found. We all say she is just being a overused zombie movie plot device and should shoot him in the face or beat his head with a hard blunt object. Flustered, Kim says we are all mean and we would feel bad if they found a cure and could have saved our significant others.

My POV is zombies are dead. There is no cure for dead. And if there was would you want to walk around aware that you are all blue, rotty and stinky? No. I don't even like it when my hands smell like lunch. They smell like coffee right now and it's killing me.

Thus ends my post on zombies. I could right more but it's 5pm and I'm outta here.

4 Comments:

At 1:17 AM , Blogger violet~! said...

Will Smith is wonderful, don't be hatin'. Like man ... wasn't MIB good? And who could forget the greatness of Fresh Prince.

I'm totally not being sarcastic, he's pretty damned awesome.

I'll be watching 'I am Legend' via IMAX cause I can, woot :d.

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger Noam said...

Yes but did you sit through I, Robot?

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger violet~! said...

Have yet to see it, sir but not every celeb have an absolutely perfect filmography :O

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Noam said...

I'm not saying that he makes bad movies.

I, Robot was the same genre as I Am Legend. It's a sci fi book turned into movie. It's not supposed to be funny. Will Smith is awesome with commedic timing.
When he's in funny or uplifting roles, he's great. SciFi movies that aren't comedies, bleh. Not so good.

Now if they add funny parts to the movie to cater to his strengths, that also stinks because it's not supposed to be funny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home