Friday, October 19, 2007

Question

if you have a really really awful exchange between a customer that was unwarranted and shows that they are completely nuts, should you warn people about them?


If you ever wondered about what kinda crazy is out there in SL, make a store. On average I have polite customer interactions. Then every so often I have a kinda weird customer interaction in that I think the person might want to wear my skin as a coat, but in an affectionate way. And then I have what I just read in my offline mailbox which was a "Fucking INSANE" interaction where they person is angry and freaking out at length about something that has a fix that will take me all of 2 seconds when I can log in tonight. These are the kind of people that you want to ban just so you never have to talk to them again. You want your friends to ban them to spare them the verbal vomit too.
Guuuuhhhhh.

So my first instinct is if you are going to act that way you shouldn't be treated in the same manor as other people. I've never had a customer service job though, so that's probably incorrect.


I dunno... I'd also kinda want to know if someone had IMed Trin or Sinjun all crazy like so if they IM me I'm prepared.

3 Comments:

At 9:20 AM , Blogger Selos said...

I've been a cashier in a big grocery store and a few other random very similar jobs...you never see the worst of people until you work in any form of customer service, lol.
It's terrible, all you can do in those jobs is sit and take it..at least in SL you have more of a choice imo... =] *shrug* I wish I could go to the woman's house that had this fanatic spazz out over a bag of lemons and interview her about it..I really do.....ok Oo...needing sleep.

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Noam said...

I watched an old couple spaz at the cashier when they ripped their bag of birdseed when they were putting it onto the conveyor belt. The poor kid was um a little "special" and these people were looking at him like it was his fault and getting all huffy.

He was all flustered by the time they left and trying to vaccuum stuff up and looking at me and the lady behind me on the line. The lady and I looked at each other and then looked at him and were like "take your time, those people were assholes." You know loudly, so the old people could hear as they walked out.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Selos said...

Good for you lol..I always loved people like you when I was getting hassled by psycho customers because it was like..." At least those people can see the hell I have to go through every day and will give me a break xD" ....

Seriously though I've never before seen anything more rediculous or started actually -ranting- when I got home after work when I had have that cashier job.
I'm a seriously passive person but that pushed me lol. I will always respect the people that have to do those jobs. I usually go through the self check out things if there is one now, haha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home