Monday, December 11, 2006

New store open

I openned the new store minus any new item updates. I was just too burnt out to make any more stuff.

So if you want to see the new place, it's in my picks. Special thanks to Grim and Chicanery. :) Grim hooked me up with some pipes I put in the sewer and Chicanery gave me the "merry go round" spinny playground toy.

I really like my new store. It's quite huge and I'm left with a lot of prims to expand with! I can make furniture and stuff!

I wasn't open for more than 10 minutes when I TPed back to find a bunch of the Tableau crew there. O_O They intimidate me. I wasn't even really finished setting stuff up so I felt really nervous.

I still am not fond of my neighbors. The mall and club is ghetto and people shout all the time over there. Since I started finishing up the bigger store, I had all the scripts and creation turned off and also my parcel access was limited and people would stand on the perimeter and shout at me. O_o

This was also the weekend of SL interaction where I was like "Is that English?!!" Either ESL people IMed, me which is fine if I'm awake and can decifer it, but then a bunch of people whom I know speak English as their first language would IM me and it would take me like 10 minutes to figure out what they wanted. I tried reading it outloud, I let B read it, but in the end it was like... holy shit, write properly. Not in baby talk, not in AOL talk, not in fake japanese, not in a language you made up yourself... And where did all these new abbreviations for phrases come from?! I was talking to a customer, and I can't remember what it was, but she wrote it once and I skipped it as a typo, then she wrote it again and I was like.. huh... and then her friend did it and I still don't know what it meant. OMG WTF WTH BTW tl;dr LOL ROFL LMAO those I know... this one was like.. I have no idea.
Did they stop teaching English in highschools?? I know one girl is in her 30s.

12 Comments:

At 12:34 PM , Blogger Nex Brannan said...

superawesome!

Hey, what's a Tableau crew? Are they hassling you for protection money?! Cause I'll kill 'em, I'll kill 'em right in the face! They don't wanna get killed in the face!

I totally ENVY you having your own store. Hopefully I'll be up to that point soon.

And remember "Noam is where the heart is."

Also, the filthay mechanics shirts are almost ready. Since a huge brand of those is named Dickies I'm considering selling them as "Dirty Dickies"...seriously

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger Posy Trudeau said...

Woo! Congrats Noam... and it looks awesomely gritty as expected :D *holds up a bottle of milk to toast with* Looking forward to seeing it fill up with all the cool stuff you're gonna make!

 
At 1:49 PM , Blogger Noam said...

Nex: You shall sell boatloads of dirty dickies. Make filthy gloves too, like as if you had grease on your hands and arms.

If you can get to the point that you make at lease $15 a month, you can buy enough land to make a decent sized store. I don't know if you ever saw my old store, but that was $15/month lot and I had a lot going on there, 2 buildings, ambiance, a studio over the store. I think I had like 500 prims or maybe a tiny bit more. And if you ever need help, I love building.

Posy: Thanks =^..^=
I'm feeling awful and I might leave early, but tonight I'll try to at least put out something...

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Nex Brannan said...

Noamknickers,

Thanks! I've got very little concept of what land costs and what upkeep costs, that helps couch it. 500 prims /drool

Fade wants to help too. All the cool kids want to play in my sandbox!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Noam said...

500 goes really fast, because you need to make the setting.

I can help you with textures and junk.

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Ru-る said...

I'm forcing myself to finish this RL work before I let myself go see the shop! I can't wait though.
And, after purchasing one of your parkas, I have named my snowneko (best freebie ever) "Snoam."

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Nex Brannan said...

Best.
Name.
Evah.

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Noam said...

heheheh Snoam.

I got a weather system that makes it snow and gives you ground coverage... but my sim is too laggy to play with it :( I'd put a Snoam outside the store if I could. With like.. a scarf and sticks on his cheeks for cheetah lines and a sign that says "BUY MY STUFFS"

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger Ru-る said...

Everyone in my neighborhood loves Snoam, seriously. I think a dirty-snow GK for the holidays would be great. XD With like, little yellow patches or something. (Did I say that?)

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Noam said...

Yellow snow would mean my store smells like pee!!

I mean I'm gritty, but I don't want to be smelly too.

Ru if you want more Snoams I have a free box full of stuff I've collected next to the new store's stoop and it has Snoams in it, and paw undies and and tires... and stuff. It's a box of crap, but it's free crap.

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Ru-る said...

Ack! More Snoams! I'll have a little army of them. And free crap, too? Lucky day! (I'm still mooching off my SL friends until I can open a shop, so free crap = great love.)

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger HeatherFev21 said...

I have to swing by! I am sure your place is fantastical, as are you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home